Stranice

Wednesday 22 March 2017

The Struggle by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Struggle by Jennifer L. Armentrout is the third book in the Titan series. This series is the spin-off series of the Covenant series. The main character of this series Seth who played a major role in the previous one. After finishing this book in two days, I give it 4 stars. It was so much better than the second one. Also, I did not know that this was a 3+ book series. I am so excited for the next one.

What do you have to know about this book/series? 
First of all, whereas The Covenant series was a YA series, this one is obviously not as you can see by the cover. So if you're not into graphic sex scenes or cannot stand really disgusting imagery in novels, this is not for you. The series as a whole takes place a few months after The Covenant series finishes. And since this is the 3rd book, I can't tell you much about it, except that I find it personally better than the 2nd one.
What are the characters like? 
One of the main reasons why I started reading this series is Seth. I really liked him in the Covenant series. I am just drawn to characters like him. Those with the bad-boy attitude and the arrogance but with a soft and vulnerable side too. Josie is an okay character but in the second book she was problematic. I think she was way to overprotective of Seth and she only knew him for a few months, which I found a little bit unrealistic. However, in this book her reactions are much more realistic and she's not all over set, which is a great improvement in my opinion. Then we have all the other minor characters which I love: Aiden, Alex, Deacon and Luke. It was just great getting a glimpse of them. Apollo, is there too but he is behaving strangely, so I can't pinpoint whether I like him or not. 

Did I like the book?
 Yes, I liked it a lot. It is fast paced and full of drama. There is one major plot twist near the end and even though it is not that original, I loved it. I loved Seth's reaction to it. And it makes the story all the more exciting and suspensul.  However, it also brings a new dose of anxiety into the game. We'll see how it will turn out in the next book.

P.S. I really don't like the covers of this series. I mean, why didn't they continue with the beautiful Covenant covers???

2 comments:

  1. Sooo I read the first book in the other series and it didn't really do it for me. XD But someone still recommended I try this series? So I might! I'm glad you're liking it (although ugh to the covers for sure) and I did think Seth was intensely interesting in the first series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe someone posted a comment and also thank you. I know that this series is not the best. I REALLY didn't like the second book but I read this series for Seth and thus it is my guilty pleasure read xD

      Delete